What is Lion’s Mane Mushroom?
Lion’s Mane Mushroom has become one of nature’s most potent nootropic supplement for the brain. There is evidence that is can permanently enhance brain function as well as protect the brain and promote NGF and neurogenesis.
Lion’s Mane Mushroom Benefits
- Enhances Memory and Brain Function
- Promotes Nerve Growth Factor and Neuroprotection
- Lion Mane Reduces Anxiety and Symptoms of Depression
- Reduces Inflammation, Boosts Immunity, and Helps Digestion
- Supports Heart and Circulatory System, and Prevents Strokes
- Improves Mental Health and Overall Well-Being
How To Take
The lowest effective dosage is 500 mg and the limit per day is 3000 mg. However, higher doses don’t necessarily result in more benefits. A 1000 mg dosage once or twice a day is what I find the most beneficial for my needs.
There are barely any side effects that arise from taking Lion’s Mane. The most common side effect is an itchy skin which is likely due to the increase in Nerve Growth Factor. It most likely is the cause and could be a good sign that NGF levels are increasing.