L-theanine is an amino acid often called the “natural xanax” due to its calming effects. It works by relaxing the body and brain without causing drowsiness, while reducing stress and increasing cognitive function.
Due to not causing drowsiness, it is the perfect choice to combine with stimulants of any sort to take the edge off.
- Reduces Anxiety & Stress
- Improves Memory, Attention, and Cognition
- Enhances Sleep Quality
- Promotes Longevity and Increases Lifespan
- Reduces Symptoms of Depression
- Promotes Relaxation without causing Drowsiness
- Significantly Reduces Symptoms of Schizophrenia
- Enhances Blood Flow and Stimulates Nitric Oxide Production
- Reduces Negative Effects of Caffeine & Improves Cognitive Boosting Effects
- Additional Benefits
How to Take
The effective l-theanine dose is 200mg. For optimal nootropic results, take l-theanine with caffeine (coffee or supplement, whatever suits you) at a 2:1 ratio. As a stack, it would be:
- L-Theanine 200mg
- Caffeine 100mg
For those interested, you can actually purchase a supplement pre-made that has 200 mg Theanine & 100 mg Caffeine pressed into one capsule.